1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help loading page numbers on each page

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by rlhill13, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rlhill13

rlhill13 Thread Starter

I use word a lot and i have not been able to find the formula or the tab of how to post different page numbers on each page of a word document. I write papers for school and i do my own work and I feel that it would be good if I had page numbers on each page but am not sure how to even do that.

Do I need a formula? If so were do i put it so that I may get the page numbers on each page?

2. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

What version of Word do you have? Makes a difference in how you do it. By the way, it's really easy to do.

3. rlhill13

rlhill13 Thread Starter

Thank you for your quick response I have windows 2010 home premium

4. jmbau

jmbau

On the Insert tab, choose Page number. The dropdown offers you various choices eg, top of page, bottom etc.

Use the Format option to change what it looks like AND to reset numbers, start again from 1, etc.

5. rlhill13

rlhill13 Thread Starter

Hello

I tried what you said to do but did you want me to go to the formate page numbers section then click on number formate at the top or page numbering at the bottom then start at 1 because i did then and i saw no change occur

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1059379