1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help locating my password!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gsdensford, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gsdensford

gsdensford Thread Starter

Hello!

I changed my password for internet access due to the fact that a friend of my son cracked the password! I do not want my 11 year old and his 12 year old friend having access to the internet, especially when I am not there to supervise. Anyhow, I changed the password to something that I would remember; however, apparently I must have keyed it in wrong and cannot unlock my profile! Is there a way to find the password or somehow unlock my profile?

Thanks!

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Unfortunately, since we have no idea and cannot verify the intent here (it could be your son posting or his friend) --- I must close the thread. If you'll review the forums rules, you'll see where we've had to add this rule recently.

You might call your ISP and they may be able to help you reset it if you can prove to them you are the owner of the billing at your house.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650581

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice