1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help! logging in automatically and want it to stop

Discussion in 'Networking' started by himes, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. himes

himes Thread Starter

I have a network set up between a Hp laptop and a gateway desktop. Both are running Windows Vista Home Premium SP1. Everything was running great until "I believe" my wife hit the remember me box when logging onto my desktop to look at some files we have shared. Now our laptop logs on automatically everytime. Here I think maybe an issue. When we logon to her laptop the username is owner-pc with no password. While logged on as the above, she would click on my computer under network. The password box would come up and she would enter a differnt username and password to get to the shared files on my computer. Anyway, after she hit the remember me box the only way I could get to the shared files were to enable the guest account. I found out through admin tools/computer management under the control panel, that my computer was seeing her but the username was guest. That is why I enabled the guest account and set rights so she could see the shared files. With that being said, I want her to login. How do I get the login box back. I have already tried to go to the stored usernames and passwords tool and there is nothing there. Please Help

Himes

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758572

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice