1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP-Major hard drive problem. "None Partition: 0x7 (NTFS, HPFS)"

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by daniel11, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daniel11

daniel11 Thread Starter

I reinstalled Windows XP Home on my primary hard drive. After reinstallation, Windows doesn't recognize my drive with all the data on it. Acronis Dick Director does see the drive however, but I can't explore or use it (I attached an image). Under "Type" is says "None Partition: 0x7 (NTFS, HPFS)". I don't know how to fix this and I really need to get my data back. Is there any way that I can make the drive readable again? Please help.

-Daniel

Attached Files:

2. daniel11

daniel11 Thread Starter

Can anyone at all help me with this?

-Daniel

3. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy

Looks to me like you may be able to retrive the data using your Acronis Dick Director. I however have never used the program so I cannot be of any help other than to tell you what I would do.

1) Take a deep breath and relax.. Don't be in a hurry.
    (I always have this problem personaly)

2) Post in the Acronis forum also and see if their tech support may be of any assistance.

Hopefully someone here or there will have some idea's for you on how that program works.

Good Luck

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!