Help! Making & controling ext.-HD with WIN OS for work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

WDW2017

Ben
I'm looking to control a separate hard-drive from our two PC laptops. I would like for this hard- drive to essentially be it's "Own separate PC" with windows OS, files, programs etc.

I have always had issues with work files between computers. I don't like to send and share files because we end up with duplicates, files or folders that aren't up to date and it can be very time consuming going through the amount of files we process a day! It would be nice if we could set this up without having to buy and entire new computer. I'm not sure if our PCs hardware can power a hard-drive as it's own PC.

Any ideas?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online