1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help me about Run time error '53': File not Found

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kleinconejos23, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kleinconejos23

kleinconejos23 Thread Starter

Can someone help me on this problem of my computer, Its been 3 months since I got this problem and I never have the solution of my problem. please help me on this. Everytime I open a folder a pop-up menu appears saying Run-time error '53': File not Found. If there are some kind hearted souls out there who can help me on my problem. I would really appreciate it. thanks in advance!!

2. Dr. Chauncey

Dr. Chauncey

What is the name of the file it cannot find?

3. kleinconejos23

it dont specify the file sir... it just said file not found...

4. Dr. Chauncey

Dr. Chauncey

This is just when you open a folder and the folder opens fine otherwise?

5. kleinconejos23

yes sir... and also the internet explorer icon... (my computer,my documents,) all of those...

6. Dr. Chauncey

Dr. Chauncey

Do you run a virus scan/cleaning right before this started happening?

7. Dr. Chauncey

Dr. Chauncey

8. kleinconejos23

these are the softwares that i used in maintaining my computer before the error appears...
    "CCleaner, Registry Booster 2, SpyEraser, Spyware Doctor, Spyware Blaster, RegCure" thats the softwares that i used. and my antivirus is Panda Antivirus 2008. i doubt that the problem is on the registry.

9. Dr. Chauncey

Dr. Chauncey

You may have had a virus and one of these removed it for you. Often when a virus is removed, however, it leaves behind registry errors and imaginary missing files. In your case the virus was probably started everytime you launched windows explorer. Now since it isn't there, you get the runntime error 53. Try this:

Start> Run> type "regsvr32 /i shell32"

This command reloads the .dll linked to explorer interface. Please post back your results.

More info on the regsvr32 command here:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,126116-page,1-c,maintenancemanagement/article.html

10. kleinconejos23

thanks for your help, I finally remove it from my system. I used (Super Anti Spyware to get rid of it) I think its a Malware. Now theres another problem on my computer, everytime i open firefox it says that failed to start because js3250.dll was not found. Do you have any clue on how to repair this?

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644491

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice