Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

help me! accident system recovery!!

764 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ozrom1e 
#1 ·
I'm not sure how it happened, but I managed to perform a system recovery on my VAIO sz330p. Is there any possible way to undo this a get my system back to the way it was before?? Or at least retrieve some files I had on before? Unfortunately I never turned my system restore on because I didn't exactly know how to so I can't configure my laptop back to a specific date...

Is there anything I can do? If I took my laptop to a technician would he/she be able to undo the recovery?

#2 ·
#3 ·
If by "recovery" you mean you wiped your system out and returned it to the state it was in when you purchased it, you're going to have a very hard time recovering lost data. You may retrieve some of the files, but it's unlikely you'd get them all back. And, no, you can't return the system to the pre-recovery state. Even if you had System Restore turned on, it wouldn't work since all the restore points would have been deleted when the recovery was done.

#4 ·
There is one way to get back what you had before. You can restore the last full system backup that was made, this will restore up to that time and you will lose minimal information.

#6 ·
What is how do I do that? If you are talikng about the restore of the full system backup it depends on the program you used to make the backup with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.