1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help me before I pull my hair out!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Fordboy460, Dec 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fordboy460

Fordboy460 Thread Starter

I just bought satallite internet just a little while ago and it is going to kill me. If you use internet explorer and only look at web pages using yahoo, it's fine. Also a funny thing, when you go to test the speed, it works excellently till you leave there. Anywhere else it doesn't work worth a crap. It'll get slow using msn browser. It gets EXTREMELY slow using limewire or bearshare. I really really want to use limewire, but it says my connection speed is either 0, or up to only 3 kbits! Sometimes I can't even get onto the internet. It'll either just freeze, or says it can't sign in. Also, I've looked at the progress at programs I tried downloading, It would start at about 500 kbits, but within 15 seconds, it would drop to less than 100(it seems about 100 Bits per second!) What in the heck do I do before I have an anurism?!

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

3. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Call your satallite internet provider tell them whats going on.... sounds like something isn't set right

Savvy :)

ps... http://www.musiccity.com Morpheus is there & its the best place :)

4. beach51

beach51

Hi Fordboy460,Doyce is right about Bearshare being full of spyware,and so is Limewire.Might be a good idea to post your startup programs back here,because some of these spyware componnets have to be removed via msconfig,and add and remove programs.Go to Start>Run>type in msinfo32,click ok,at the system information window,click on the + sign next to software environment>click on startup programs>click edit>select all>click edit>copy and paste the page back here.

5. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Thanks beach51. I should have mentioned that but I wasnt sure.

I always just listen to the radio. :D

6. Fordboy460

Fordboy460 Thread Starter

Here they are:

Program Command

discfix c:\dell\discfix.cmd

adp c:\program files\adp\bin2\adp.exe

WgwLocalManager c:\program files\flashnetworks\nettgain2000\bst\wgwlocalmanager.exe

MSMSGS c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe /background

MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD c:\program files\netropa\multimedia keyboard\mmkeybd.exe
    TaskBarClient c:\program files\starband\\mission control\taskbarclient.exe
    Adaptec DirectCD c:\progra~1\adaptec\directcd\directcd.exe

Corel Print Office Registration
    c:\progra~1\corel\printo~1\register\remind32.exe

Dell Service c:\progra~1\dell\soluti~1\service.exe

EM_EXEC c:\progra~1\mousew~1\system\em_exec.exe

NPS Event Checker c:\progra~1\navnt\npscheck.exe

dlder c:\winnt\dlder.exe

TraySantaCruz c:\winnt\system32\tbctray.exe

LoadQM loadqm.exe

Synchronization Manager mobsync.exe /logon

TCASUTIEXE tcaudiag -off

WinFaxAppPortStarter wfxsnt40.exe

7. beach51

beach51

Hi Fordboy,well i never seen a startup program that has bearshare and limwire installed that doesnt have spyware,until now that is.Lets try this go to this site and download the startup log

http://home.earthlink.net/~rmbox/Reticulated/Toys.html

This will put a text file on your desktop,that will list everything that starts in all the places when you startup windows.

Just send the startup log,not the stubpath text

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61907

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice