1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help me choose a professional email address!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by icelag, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. icelag

icelag Thread Starter

I want to make email addy on my Résumé look more professional (currently [email protected] with rocky being my hypothetical first name). Even though I'm still in college, I want to buy a domain because it seems brag worthy and it’s cheap.

Here is where I'm stuck. Now say, my name is Rocky Mickremanayake. No middle name. No nickname.

.eu is fine here in the UK although I guess it isn't too bad if I head out to Asia for work. I want a short, smart and professional email address – Help me choose:

@mickremanayake.com (this is a joke, i mean look how long it is! im better off with my free live.com one)
    @rocky.eu (probably [email protected], although this is quite impersonal)
    @rockym.eu
    @rockym.net
    @rocky85.com
    @rocky.vc
    @rocky.tv
    @mrocky.com

or any other suggestion?

2. hewee

hewee

Never ever post email address or one you may want to use because spammers will pick them up and you know that means lots of spam.

3. icelag

icelag Thread Starter

Thank you but I know that already, I've replaced my real name with Rocky. So any suggestions?

4. Farmgirl22

Farmgirl22

Well, generally [email protected] is acceptable...unless you have a business, I wouldn't bother with a domain name, because then your email would be so redundant as to seem fake. Maybe not. I don't know how others would react, but I know that I personally would wonder if it was a real address, and may not risk trying it out to see. Just a thought. Maybe someone more 'tech-ish' than me would have a better idea.

Another thing, if I were an employer, the professional-ism of the email address would probably be so far down the list of priorities as to be pretty much a non-issue unless you had an email like [email protected]. But, I'm not an employer, so maybe someone with that experience would say differently.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918420

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice