Help me choose new graphics card.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Neither are "good" for gaming. Especially the last two listed, but 1.6 will be good.

I would recommend if you are going to keep this card going for awile, to save for better. I believe the 9600xt is only 90-100 bucks now. And the 9800pro 125.

Stevo

Unless the machine has changed I don't believe he can run an AGP card soooo. I'd take the 9250 I suppose. I think Italianman91 is running an older prebuilt celeron with no AGP slot.

SirKenin

Banned
Yeah, I guess if you have to stick with a PCI card I'd take the 9250 as well. Those FX5200s are crap. I had one and I hated it with a passion. I sold it within a week.

I have been researching this stuff for hours, maybe days, and i'm getting a headache. computer are relatively new to me. to put it simply i want a graphics card and i'm willing to spend around 100$. I have a game sitting in front of me that i want to make sure i can play called "the movies" I just got a computer today and here are the specs:
AMD sempron 3100 (1.8 ghz)
512 DDR ram
I have an AGP slot (8x), no pci express
I'm willing to buy something like that radeon 9800 but my problem is this: i dont know if my computer meets the minimum requirements to run the card! the ati website says specifically that a pentium 4 processor is need or an athlon. but other websites say pentium 3 is ok. I have no clue basically if this will run on my computer or not and i really would rather not buy this card only to find it doesnt work. So this is my main question: will radeon 9800 work on my computer??
another seperate question. in the 'system requirements' on the back of the box of this game it says that my graphics card must be 100% compatible with directx 9.0c. if a card says it is compatible with directx 9.0 is that enough? or does it need to specifically be compatible with directx 9.0c? i know the game comes with a download of directx 9.0c. Anyone who can answer this and save me hours of more research would be a great help. thanks!

kidcnote

Banned
zorias said:
in the 'system requirements' on the back of the box of this game it says that my graphics card must be 100% compatible with directx 9.0c. if a card says it is compatible with directx 9.0 is that enough? or does it need to specifically be compatible with directx 9.0c? i know the game comes with a download of directx 9.0c. Anyone who can answer this and save me hours of more research would be a great help. thanks!
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...20-bfbb-4799-9908-d418cdeac197&displaylang=en Just download this and you'll be fine..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online