1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help me choose the better hardware, please.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CF128, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CF128

CF128 Thread Starter

Hi I'm looking at buy a second hand gaming computer. I'm not that knowledgeable about hardware and I was hoping someone could quickly compare these two i'm looking at.

I realize the first one has less info but i think it has enough.

1st: $1500
    Asus p8z68 deluxe mother board, Intel core i7 3.4 Ghz, 8mb cache, 2 x 8gb G.SkillDDR3-2133 RAM, GeForce GTX590 1280mb graphics, cool master cpu cooler, wirless gaming mouse, backlit keyboard and BENQ 23" 2ms response monitor

2nd: $1800
    Graphics card - GTX 690, CPU - Intel Core i7 3770 LGA1155 CPU 3.4Ghz 8Mb Cache Ivy Bridge Boost 3.9Ghz, CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-C14 CPU Cooler, Motherboard - Asrock Z77-EXTREME4, Memory - Kingston 16GB(4X4G) KIT HyperX 2133MHz DDR3 XMP, PSU - OCZ ZX 1250W 80+ Gold, CD Drive - Samsung 22X DVDRW Black SATA, Primary Hard Drive - Kingston 120G HyperX 3k SSD SATA 3, Secondary Hard Drive - Kingston 120G HyperX 3k SSD SATA , Wifi Card - TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 - 450Mbps Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter, Fans - BitFenix Spectre PRO Series 120mm Fan x4, BitFenix Spectre PRO Series 140mm Fan x4

I'm pretty sure the first is better value somce it comes with a monitor too...

Bu I basically just want to know if the second one will perform much better, since it's more expensive, and seems to have a better video card.

Cheers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085216

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice