1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help me connect to the internet

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by 13deeter13, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 13deeter13

13deeter13 Thread Starter

i have a acer aspire one D255E and it will only connect to the internet in safemode, is there something i can do so i can use the computer normally??? please help me

<edited out the font size - moderator>

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i changed the font size to the default forum size as that's the easiest to read

how are you connected - by cable or wireless
    make and model of the router and modem if separate

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG , Webroot etc

3. 13deeter13

13deeter13 Thread Starter

i am connected wirelessly and have purchased a McAfee anti virus package. it says computer at risk but when i open the McAfee help thing or fix screen, sorry i dont know computers, it says computer is secure ? i am using a D-LINK router that is also connected to a speed stream device that my uncle installed at my parents house that a household computer is connected to hardlined and its internet works fine also have gaming systems working wirelessly just fine just my computer doesnt work wirelessly unless in safemode

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    remove mcafee - it has caused lots of issues recently and an update stopped internet access

--------------------------------------------------------------

Mcafee Removal Tool
    http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

http://majorgeeks.com/McAfee_Consumer_Product_Removal_Tool_d5420.html

see if that now works

After removing the mcafee product - if you have a subscription and would like to re-install mcafee

--------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087945

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice