help me connect to the internet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

13deeter13

i have a acer aspire one D255E and it will only connect to the internet in safemode, is there something i can do so i can use the computer normally??? please help me

<edited out the font size - moderator>

etaf

Wayne
i changed the font size to the default forum size as that's the easiest to read

how are you connected - by cable or wireless
make and model of the router and modem if separate

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG , Webroot etc

13deeter13

i changed the font size to the default forum size as that's the easiest to read

how are you connected - by cable or wireless
make and model of the router and modem if separate

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG , Webroot etc
i am connected wirelessly and have purchased a McAfee anti virus package. it says computer at risk but when i open the McAfee help thing or fix screen, sorry i dont know computers, it says computer is secure ? i am using a D-LINK router that is also connected to a speed stream device that my uncle installed at my parents house that a household computer is connected to hardlined and its internet works fine also have gaming systems working wirelessly just fine just my computer doesnt work wirelessly unless in safemode

etaf

Wayne
McAfee anti virus package
remove mcafee - it has caused lots of issues recently and an update stopped internet access

--------------------------------------------------------------

Mcafee Removal Tool
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

http://majorgeeks.com/McAfee_Consumer_Product_Removal_Tool_d5420.html

see if that now works

After removing the mcafee product - if you have a subscription and would like to re-install mcafee

To download and install your McAfee service, please follow these steps:

1. Go to https://home.mcafee.com/Secure/Protected/Login.aspx?ErrCode=PLEASE_LOGIN
2. Enter your registered email address and password
3. Click on My Account
4. Click on Download under (Customer's subscription)
5. Follow the prompts to install
--------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online