1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help me find some low priced, android based, tablets.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lightingbird, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightingbird

lightingbird Thread Starter

I'm trying to find three(so far)tablets for gifts. I'm having a hard time because I'm not really into tablets. So here is what I am seeking.

1. Smaller screen. The 7 inch is fine but bigger is cool for a great deal.
    2. Android based.
    3. Wifi is all I am seeking but I would like one model to have 3g or some option of adding it.
    4. Under $150. I came across some models I've never heard of that were under $90 but I was unable to find any reviews on them.

Keep in mind, these are mostly gifts for people that have laptops and net-books. So mainly they are just for casual use, a better medium to run applications, and just something to do on the run. The one 3g model I need would be for my mom and she is somewhat technology challenged.

Any help is appreciated.

2. nickgr5

nickgr5

I won't be able to suggest you any good tablets under $150, but:

What you should avoid is those "chinese" cheap tablets, which cost around 70-90 USD. They got a 800-1000 MhZ CPU, 2-4GB HDD and 256MB Ram. You will find them on the net; they are a big waste of money and time, and they will eventually stop working within weeks/months of purchase.

If you wish to spend a little more money for something better which will last longer for sure, then wait a bit more for Amazon Kindle FIre. http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Fire-Amazon-Tablet/dp/B0051VVOB2

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025249

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice