Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help me find some low priced, android based, tablets.

734 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  nickgr5 
#1 ·
I'm trying to find three(so far)tablets for gifts. I'm having a hard time because I'm not really into tablets. So here is what I am seeking.

1. Smaller screen. The 7 inch is fine but bigger is cool for a great deal.
2. Android based.
3. Wifi is all I am seeking but I would like one model to have 3g or some option of adding it.
4. Under $150. I came across some models I've never heard of that were under $90 but I was unable to find any reviews on them.

Keep in mind, these are mostly gifts for people that have laptops and net-books. So mainly they are just for casual use, a better medium to run applications, and just something to do on the run. The one 3g model I need would be for my mom and she is somewhat technology challenged.

Any help is appreciated.

#2 ·
I won't be able to suggest you any good tablets under $150, but:

What you should avoid is those "chinese" cheap tablets, which cost around 70-90 USD. They got a 800-1000 MhZ CPU, 2-4GB HDD and 256MB Ram. You will find them on the net; they are a big waste of money and time, and they will eventually stop working within weeks/months of purchase.

If you wish to spend a little more money for something better which will last longer for sure, then wait a bit more for Amazon Kindle FIre. http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Fire-Amazon-Tablet/dp/B0051VVOB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.