1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help me find this PDA

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by nietsloh, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nietsloh

nietsloh Thread Starter

I hate to pay full price for stuff like books, DVDs and PDAs, so I'm looking for a PDA that's a couple of years old that has WiFi built in. (I don't want a SmartPhone because I can't stand the thought of paying a huge monthly fee for voice and data.)

With this WiFi-enabled PDA I must be able to view (and update) my Google Calendar, check my webmail, and perhaps tap out some notes.

Again, I'm looking for something that's not brand-new and cutting-edge, just something that'll get the job done.

Suggestions?

2. nedw

nedw

i got a palm tx just after xmas - i cant fault it. its the 1st time i got anything like it. it has wi-fi and bluetooth and usb - so web access via wifi kool - e-mail can handle imap accounts not just web mail, plays video , use it as a gps, msn messenger, since july 06 i've got my own business and the calendar on it schedules my reminders and tasks and keeps contacts like no paper diary can - hot sync with a pc means everything is backed up (less than 20sec) this is not an advert - i'm just telling u what i've got - it's not new and is about 25% more cost than an i-pod (it plays MP3 too) SD card slot, so 2Mb card and Palm TX gets you a lot of kit for your buck. (i am on this forum because i want to be recommended gps kit for my TX)

3. Darren8_306

Darren8_306

Hi,
    I have had a Palm Zire 72 for a year or so, and I am quite happy. I can WiFi the web, with an add on card, and the thing never HAD a phone ( I selected it because it has no phone). The price for a used one on Ebay.ca is under 100 bucks for the unit, and 20-30 for the wifi card. It has cam, BT, mic, expansion slot ( for SD and WiFi and I think some other format(s).
    -Darren

4. nietsloh

nietsloh Thread Starter

I forgot to mention that a built-in keyboard is something I'd like, too.

5. brbpab94

brbpab94

you don't want much.I have an Ipaq hx2495.I paid just under 300 dollars at hp it is referbed and fully warrantied.Everthing is built in except keyboard.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!