Solved Help me. First PC Build. Audio, usb 3, wifi issues.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

eyegazer

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 6
RAM: 8191 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series, -1 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 113670 MB, Free - 24679 MB; D: Total - 953767 MB, Free - 811886 MB;
Motherboard: MSI, 760GMA-P34(FX) (MS-7641)
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled
(I have avast which it did not put)
wifi:
OJA W66L 300Mbps High Speed Long Range Wireless Wifi Adapter with 5dBi

So this is my first pc build, and I've had a lot of issues. I fixed a lot of them, but i'm stumped on a few.

Audio: My audio is horrible, and so is my recording. There is a buzzing sound when I talk, and my voice volume is extremely low when trying to record. The audio works okay sometimes, then other times sounds like it's under water. I tested my headset on other pcs, and it works perfectly fine. I have tried using both realtek drivers and the drivers windows 10 gave me. Not sure what else to do.

Usb 3.0: This might not be a build issue. But my usb 2.0 mouse and keyboard work only half the time on bootup on the usb 3.0s. Is there any way to fix that?

Wifi: Sometimes the wifi with just stop working, or not work on boot up. It usually does... But on occasion it will say it's connected to the router, but that there is no internet. Ive checked on my laptop multiple times when this happens to confirm the internet was indeed working.

Graphics: My amd R9 290 has had one driver crash so far. Which is a little concerning since I haven't used it that much. But that is all I have to report on this issue.

Help me if you can!

dustyjay

Jay
What brand and exact model Power Supply are you using? Also did you go to MSI support Site for your motherboard and Download and install the latest drivers for your motherboard, or did you just install the Drivers from the Drivers disc that came with the motherboard? It is recommended to get the latest Drivers from the Manufacturers site as the Drivers on the Drivers Disc are often outdated.

crjdriver

The VERY first thing that just jumps out at me is that you are using win10 on a mb that does not support win10. On the support page for that board, win7 is the newest supported os. Just because win10 is not listed as a supported os, does not mean it will not work. It means it was never tested and found to work AND the mfg does not want to put time/money into writing drivers and testing. That board is 3+ years old now; released in early 2013. Here is a link to the support page for that board;
https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/760GMA-P34-FX.html#down-driver

I always use usb2 for keyboard/mouse.

Next, I see some mismatched parts; you have a high end video card with a low to mid-level motherboard. The board you used is not designed for any type of stressful endeavor ie gaming, overclocking, etc. It is designed for a basic system build running office, doing email, etc.

Here is what I would do;
1 First step would be to go to the support page and download all of the drivers you will need for win7 ie chipset, sound, nic/lan, etc. Put those on a flash drive along with any utilities you might need ie ccleaner, AV, etc.
2 Backup anything important ie docs, movies, etc
3 Wipe the drive and install a supported os ie win7
4 Install the drivers you downloaded in step #1
5 Install one of the many utilities that keep win7 from upgrading to win10
6 Do windows update and keep repeating until there are no more updates to install

eyegazer

What brand and exact model Power Supply are you using? Also did you go to MSI support Site for your motherboard and Download and install the latest drivers for your motherboard, or did you just install the Drivers from the Drivers disc that came with the motherboard? It is recommended to get the latest Drivers from the Manufacturers site as the Drivers on the Drivers Disc are often outdated.
https://www.amazon.com/Sentey-XPP72...466918882&sr=1-1&keywords=sentey+power+supply

eyegazer

The VERY first thing that just jumps out at me is that you are using win10 on a mb that does not support win10. On the support page for that board, win7 is the newest supported os. Just because win10 is not listed as a supported os, does not mean it will not work. It means it was never tested and found to work AND the mfg does not want to put time/money into writing drivers and testing. That board is 3+ years old now; released in early 2013. Here is a link to the support page for that board;
https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/760GMA-P34-FX.html#down-driver

I always use usb2 for keyboard/mouse.

Next, I see some mismatched parts; you have a high end video card with a low to mid-level motherboard. The board you used is not designed for any type of stressful endeavor ie gaming, overclocking, etc. It is designed for a basic system build running office, doing email, etc.

Here is what I would do;
1 First step would be to go to the support page and download all of the drivers you will need for win7 ie chipset, sound, nic/lan, etc. Put those on a flash drive along with any utilities you might need ie ccleaner, AV, etc.
2 Backup anything important ie docs, movies, etc
3 Wipe the drive and install a supported os ie win7
4 Install the drivers you downloaded in step #1
5 Install one of the many utilities that keep win7 from upgrading to win10
6 Do windows update and keep repeating until there are no more updates to install
I can send the motherboard back for a refund still to newegg. I want to use windows 10, and will probably upgrade something in a couple years. I will double check all the drivers, and see if that helps. But I think I will go for a more quality motherboard. Any suggestions for motherboards? I want 3-4 usb 3.os and a 2 sata 6gbs. Without spending too much. Thanks for the help!

eyegazer

I updated all the drivers again, and it's now worse lol XD. RIP motherboard. Is there anything I should before sending it back. Anything I should uninstall? Also can I keep the fan on when taking off the cpu? Or do I have to take the fan off and than the cpu?

crjdriver

You must take the cooler OFF prior to removing the cpu. You cannot release the lock lever with the cooler installed.

One other item. If you are going to clean install windows, disregard. If you do not want to clean install windows, then read and follow the guide at the top of the forum for swapping a mb without a clean install.

eyegazer

Okay I followed your guide, and took it out. Do you think I can say it's "new" and newegg will give me a full refund?

eyegazer

One last thing. Is there a way to check if my case audio cord is working properly and not damaged?

crjdriver

Okay I followed your guide, and took it out. Do you think I can say it's "new" and newegg will give me a full refund?
newegg is really good about returns; it depends on how long you have had the board. If it has been a week, should be no problem. If you have had it two months, then I doubt you are going to get a refund.

eyegazer

Do you mean your case speaker?
The audio cables. There are the two audio jacks, The mic and speaker. And it has a cord the goes into the case that says HD audio.
For refunds on newegg, it says you only get 85% back unless it's unopened, defective, or not as described. I was wondering if I could use any of those to get full money back.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online