1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help me fix the I.T guy at work with display settings

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bobbobb, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bobbobb

bobbobb Thread Starter

I got some good help from BOD with my display propeties and i fixed my home pc so i turned up at work today and the same thing happend there as the I.T department have decided everyone should have the company logo on there pc and its really crap logo hurts the eyes and all that so i fixed it put my desktop back to trees and leaves etc then got a call we are changing it back and they do it from there office, i told him why i changed it and was told tough try it again and you wont be able to change it now, went into display again none of the choice were there now,(tabs were gone they had removed them) so i thought i,ll customize desktop and i cant go on the internet from my pc at work so i used the web setting to post a picture i download from a works camera to be the desktop. second phone call try it again you wont do it anymore.

so come on boffins lets sort this guy out (by the way its a lighthearted thing) wont get wrong for it

i have to add i am not adminastrater at work and they have removed the desktop and screensaver tabs at the top of display settings and the web feature, all dvd drives and floppy are disabled and usb sticks are not allowed just access denied.

browny points for someone to help me but even better you will know you stuck it to him

2. OctanSenator

OctanSenator

I work in the same kind of environment...company logo as the wallpaper, but it really doesn't bother me.

They disable the options so it's all a "Corporate Standard"

3. bobbobb

bobbobb Thread Starter

yeh thats right but mines bright white does anyone have a sloution

cheers bob

4. OctanSenator

OctanSenator

The wallpapers bright white? - Try turning your monitors brightness down a touch.

5. bobbobb

bobbobb Thread Starter

only problem then is when i get into programs that i use i cant see them properly and some of them are very technical

by the way its xp pro sp2 they are running

6. OctanSenator

OctanSenator

What cant you see properly? - Do you have an example?

7. bobbobb

bobbobb Thread Starter

cant disclose what, as we are one of only 2 in the country that have it and its a secret. but the font is very small and has engineering drawings that are small and with that much detail on something that is very big i could do without keep changing the brightness of the screen

all i am after is a loophole to let me change the desktop (not the world is it)

let the boffins begin

8. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

You also will not get any help from here to override what is obviously company policy (even IF it is in jest).
    It amounts to HACKING and this IS a public forum.

9. bobbobb

bobbobb Thread Starter

even the I.T guy has said because i rang him about 15 mins ago to tell him i'm working on it and he is a m8 said if i manage it this time he will let me keep it. Its not hacking if the guy knows i am doing it

10. DaveBurnett

You find out yourself then.
    We are NOT going to tell the whole world how to bypass security.

Read the rules.

11. bobbobb

bobbobb Thread Starter

ok it was just a lighthearted thing there is no need to get so serious its just a desktop I was not asking for the codes to launch the bomb.

never mind you have said its not allowed so fair enough i will just tell him he has won. not the end of the world.

cheers chastised bob

12. DaveBurnett

The point is that if we tell you, everybody else can see how to do it.

And they may not just be having fun.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!