1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help me! *flutters eye-lashes* hehe

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by eatusfoetus, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eatusfoetus

eatusfoetus Thread Starter

Hey guys and girls,

Ok here's my issue, my pc is running really slow and has so much crap on it. I want to reformat my HD and start again.

Thing being, when I bought my PC it didnt come with any cd's but everything was pre isntalled and it was running XP home edition. I'm planning to borrow a windows xp pro cd off a friend and reload it all. But I'm worried about certain drivers and sutch that might not be on the cd. Modem/sound card etc etc...

Also I'm prepared to sacrafice on my HD except my mp3's, I have around 70 gig worth so its not practical to burn them all up on to cd. Any suggestions on what to do? I was thinknig ideally a firewire drive cos i have the firewire port, but in england them drives are really expensive and people in the US wont ship them here GRRRRRRRRR.

If anyone has a FIREWIRE DRIVE they want to loan/hire/sell to me then that would be great. It would come back to you full of music! and obviously to gain your trust i'd send you some sort of deposit? cash worth the value of the zipdrive etc. See my problem is i dont really wanna buy one, cos i only need to use it as a one off. Maybe someone would sell me theres and then buy it back?

I dunno whats the do ne usual thing, but if someone can help in anywa, even if its a link to a site that sells second hand ones,that would be ace.

thanks

EF.

2. Dust Sailor

Dust Sailor

http://forums.techguy.org/t110854.html

In case you change your mind and just want to clean things up GO HERE

Download SpyBot Search and Destroy and AD-Aware Se UPDATE and do a scan with both of them getting rid of all they find

Do a scan with Housecall and Panda

Download Hijackthis 1.99.0 Do a scan and post the log here.

3. eatusfoetus

eatusfoetus Thread Starter

hi dust

ive been through that before and did manage toremvoe all viruses and trojans, its just i have so many programmes and things floating around from years back and conflicting bits and pieces and sutch id like to start fresh.

please view my other post from today if u have time

thanks

ef

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322935

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice