1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help Me Grrrrrrrrrrr

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by D-Rock, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D-Rock

D-Rock Thread Starter

Okay, Im thinking this is an IRQ issue but I am not sure and I'm not sure how to fix it if it is. Okay, I have a Windows XP Home Edition pc. I built it just recently for my step brother with a JETWAY PT88BS PRO motherboard. I put a geforce 8600gt card in it, and a Linksys wireless card. It posts just fine, it loads windoze just fine, windows works great except for when I try to get the wireless card to work. I did a windows update on a wired connection and got the newest drivers and it seems to have gone through, but when I try to view wireless networks it shows none. (MY ROUTER IS FINE AND PROPERLY CONFIGURED) I have tried 2 different antennae on the wireless card and still nada. Yes my router is set up properly and will accept anonymous internet requests. and just for the record, the card and router are both standard wireless G and have worked together before. So after I gave up on the Linksys card I continued on to another wireless card that I had, an older NETGEAR 802.11g card (it has worked with that router before too). I went to install the drivers for the card and it keeps giving me an error with the cd saying the drivers could not be installed. I went into device manager and told it to find updates online for it. It found one but couldnt install it. I even tried a windows update, which also found a driver for it but it still wouldnt install the driver. I have tried both cards on 2 different PCI slots as well. This is why i am starting to believe that it is an IRQ issue.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME

IM SO FRUSTRATED

2. D-Rock

D-Rock Thread Starter

im downloading a service pack update for windows home right now. ill see if that helps

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/659396

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice