1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help me how to open ports

Discussion in 'Networking' started by riverdrift, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riverdrift

riverdrift Thread Starter

I downloaded software to monitor my traffic but during the installation it's asking the ports 9090 and 9091 must be open.

My network environment like this

My local area is connected to my prosy server which is the border manger and this proxy server is connected to my router
    I connect my pc(this is the pc installed with the software) with hub which is in between our lan switch and proxy.

Where exactly I need to open these two ports in proxy or in the pc with Wfilter.

Whereever it even let me know how to open these ports.

here is the specification of the software below

1. Before you install WFilter Software, please make sure you remove all other network sniffing programs or earlier version of WFilter from your computer.
    2. WFilter requires a web browser to use its web interface. A browser version like IE 5.5 or higher is recommended. Using older browser may cause WFilter web interface display incorrectly.
    3. WFilter software requires the running computer to open TCP port 9090 and 9091. Many firewall program prevents another program open a local port. Therefore it is recommended you shall adjust your firewall settings before installing WFilter.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544792

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice