1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help Me!!! I have no idea what is going on?!!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by stenberi, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stenberi

stenberi Thread Starter

:confused: My dvd burner had stopped working about 3 months ago, right around the time I renewed my subcription for norton Security. We figured the laser was fried. Anyway my friend loaned me his burner, it worked once and then no longer worked?? I guess I shouldn't say it didn't work but it said that I needed to insert a blank media, and that it wasn't reading blank media....something like that.
    So we tried the burner on his computer and it worked fine?! So he thought it was to do with my Norton Security. So last night I went to uninstall it, and it also uninstalled my anti virus (which I didn't know it was going to do).
    Low and behold I didn't have any blank media on me, so I went to resotre it back to before I uninstalled norton security. It restored....but Norton didn't work. So I went to restore it again (to 1 day ago) and then it was not on my computer at all!?!? And I could not get onto the internet and I could not restore my computer....only a blank screen came up???????? HELP!!!!!!!! What is going on??????
    I have operating system XP, all up to date..........nything else you need to know let me know!!!!!!!!Anything can help.....but remember I can't get on the internet (I'm at work now).

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    can you boot into safe mode?
    F8 on bootup

3. stenberi

stenberi Thread Starter

Yes I can boot into safe mode, as far as I know the only things I can't do is restore and get on the internet.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274688

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice