1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help me im blocked

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jdmdrew, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jdmdrew

jdmdrew Thread Starter

i have a desktop computer that has xp pro and i get to browse the internet freely well for exapmle i can get on youtube and i have a laptop computer with vista premium and i disconnect the cable from my desktop to my laptop and i cant get on websites there blocked it shows a bluescreen thats says website blocked. what setting from my desktop can i use on my laptop so i wont get blocked. please help thanx

2. jdmdrew

jdmdrew Thread Starter

anyone

3. valis

valis Moderator

sounds like someone has blocked them for a reason. Who's laptop is it, and where did it originate from?

4. Wanderer2

Wanderer2

"i disconnect the cable from my desktop to my laptop and i cant get on websites "

Eh???

It would appear you are using the desktop for the laptops internet access. By disconnecing the cable, you disconnected the laptop from the internet.

What were you expecting? Web page load with no internet connection?

5. jdmdrew

jdmdrew Thread Starter

Its my desktop and labtop

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759171

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice