Help Me!! I'm Having Cd Drives Trouble

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cruiser_eh

HELP ME!!
I installed Easy CD Creator 5 and when I restarted my computer it went into safe mode. Once it loaded up it said that the driver was not supported and that it should exit. But I said continue with the program and it got rid of my E: drive and my D:. Now I don't have any removable drive and I don't know what to do. Please Anyone HELP ME

dai

when you start the computer press f8 and from the boot options select
last known good configuration
i think you need easy cd v6 for xp

cruiser_eh

i have already put it back to its setttings before
right now it is workin normally just my cd rom drive isnt recognized in my computer and neither is the burner drive

I think I know this one but Im not sure about XP because I have window ME. So dont do anthing untill someone on here intercedes this and says this is ok. I had this happen to me a few times-my computer doesnt recognize my E or F drive. I had to go into the bios and make sure all 3 green lites are on on your keyboard. (numbers, caps and scroll) Then press alt E (hear beep) Then alt F (hear beep) and save changes. Thats how I got it fixed :)

dustyjay

Jay
That might work if your bios is the same as Cruiser. The OS has no effect on how things are set in BIOS. IF the drive is recognized by the bios it is a software problem most likely. And Ez CD Creator version 5 will work as long as it is version 5.2.0.56 SP1. Iam using it in WinXP

I did that and got the problem ages ago. ECD V5 can't be used in 2K, or XP. I did a clean install at the time to sort the problem out.

Does your system detect your disc drives when it boots up?

dustyjay

Jay
Way to go Triple6. I was out getting the roxio link when you posted. Also a thing to note when using Roxio Products, if you change to a different (install a new) CDRW and it isnt the same as the old one, you may and probably will have to reinstall the Roxio Software for the software to recognize your new drive. Unless there is a patch that fixed taht also with Version 5.

cruiser_eh

Ok. Thanks guys. I was able to solve my problem. What I did was unplug both the cd drives from the computer. I then turned it on and turned it off again plugging them back in. When I turned it back on they were both working.

Now though I am a bit nervous about installing easy cd creater 5 becasue i dont want to do this again. Any suggestions. Should I use easy cd creater 5 or get easy cd creator 6 or should i use nero.

dustyjay

Jay
I fyou want to get a better version definitely get 6. I am not well versed with Aheads software's Nero so I can't make any suggestions there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts