1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help me in my PC build

Discussion in 'Games' started by vijaylow2, Feb 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vijaylow2

vijaylow2 Thread Starter

Hi guys newbie here .I am in the middle of my PC build. I have bought the following parts
    Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11GB GDDR6
    INTEL CORE I7-9700K COFFEE LAKE 8-CORE 3.6 GHZ
    Samsung 970 Evo 1TB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD
    Corsair RMX Series RM850X - 850 Watt

Now kindly suggest me a compatible and stable MOBO ,RAM (i m planning for a 3600Mhz) and cooler for my build

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I like the asus ROG Hero boards however they are NOT cheap.The top of the line boards from asus have a lot of features that other boards do not;
    1 Bios flashback. You can flash the bios without having a processor installed. Very useful when you have a processor not supported by the current bios
    2 Secure erase a ssd/nvme type drive. Done from within the bios. A nice feature when clean installing windows OR if you have a nvme drive that has throttled itself
    Here is an example;
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813119179
    As for ram, consult the qvl list on the support page. Generally with an asus/intel build, as long as you stick with name brand ie corsair, crucial, gskill, etc you are fine.

Do understand that the native ram speed for that processor/memory controller is 2666. With an intel build, XMP usually works really well for setting ram speed, timings, vdimm.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222863

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice