1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help me paste clipboard text with double right click (or right click, click)

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by candysandra87, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. candysandra87

candysandra87 Thread Starter

Hello. Using vb.net, I've been trying to figure out how to paste the clipboard into the window your mouse pointer is pointed.

If anyone has used unix you are familiar with what i am asking for; just to double right click or middle click and to paste the content of clipboard to the given window.

Can anyone offer any ideas for .net?

I would use double right click, or middle click, or single right click.

Please respond with your ideas~

Thanks

-Sandra

2. candysandra87

candysandra87 Thread Starter

This is kind of confusing but I just wanted code to paste the clipboard by using the mouse.

3. pvc_

pvc_

You can use the ClipBoard keyword to access the windows clipboard, and then use the FindWindows and FindWindowEx api to get the textbox handle, and then use the SendMessage api to set the text in the textbox. There should also be some api's that can be used to get the mouse position and mouse clicks..

if you are not familiar with how windows api's work, with a little googling I'm sure you can find working examples of what you are trying to do.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!