Help Me Pleaaaaaaase Keyboard Interface Error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

yummeve

When i start up my computer i see the messege "keyboard interface error" then it goes to the desktop and i can not use the keyboard or the mouse. A few days ago this happened and i inserted the recovery disk and had to restore my whole computer for it to work. also when i inserted the disk before the mouse and the keyboard would work with the recovery cd. This time it doesnt work with the cd. Im using windows xp on a HP Pavilion. Please help me i love this site. Its been very helpful in the past

Thanks in advance

E

Let folks know what kind of keyboard and mouse are being used: USB or PS2

If PS2 make sure you have them in the right connection slots. They can be mixed up.

http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/booterrGBER33-c.html

What happens now when you try to use the Recovery disks?

And be advised it may be that your best support for this would be HP since they will be most familiar with problems using the recovery disks.

yummeve

im using ps2 keyboard and mouse. Also ive search hp support site i find nothing

Those two connectors can be mixed up. Make sure you have the mouse connector in the mouse jack and the keyboard in the keyboard jack.

In fact try another keyboard that you know works.

yummeve

Ive check the connectors. Also ive tried another keyboard. also ive tried the mouse and keyboard on another computer

Thanks in advance

Then the continued error about the "keyboard interface" would point to a hardware failure of the keyboard controller on the motherboard.

Is the computer under any kind of warranty? Have you tried talking with any HP tech support on the phone for options?

If you have a USB keyboard or mouse around, you might try that, or see if an adapter will get you in -- they cost about 8 bucks.

yummeve

yes its under warranty it was a gift my dad called tech support for me and they said something about the motherboard. but then i thought i had fixed so i just ignored that

tHANKS IN ADVANCe

Okedoke, that's what I thought it would come down to. They should replace it for you then; I don't think under HP warranty you will even have to pay any shipping costs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online