1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help Me Please! I Need Some Help Fast!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Solid_Froggy, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Solid_Froggy

Solid_Froggy Thread Starter

Hello, I have a Windows 95 machine (not connected to internet) and I was starting to install Windows 98 Second Edition. While it was installing I had accidently pressed the button to turn the computer off! So after that I turn on my computer and it goes to the Windows 95 Boot thing where I select to run in Safe Mode, Normal Mode, etc. I select Normal Mode and I get this message the first time:

Windows protection error. Please restart your computer.

So then I reboot my computer and it gives me the screen again to pick Safe Mode, Normal Mode, etc. and I select Normal Mode again, I get this message:

Invalid VxD dynamic link call from VPICD(01) + 00000DED to device "VMM ", service 19E. Your Windows configuration is invalid. Run the Windows Setup program again to correct this problem.

To continue running Windows press Y or ENTER. To quit the current program press N. If you continue running Windows, your system may become unstable. Do you want to continue?

Press Y for Yes or N for No: Y

I press N and I get this message:

Invalid VxD dynamic link call to device number 1, service 19E. Your windows configuration is invalid. Run the Windows Setup Program again to correct this problem.

I don't know what the heck is wrong with my computer! I can't even make it to the desktop! Please, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

2. angel

angel

You restarted during the middle of the Windoews 98 SE install? What hapens when you try to reinstall again?

3. Solid_Froggy

I can't even get into the desktop! Let alone to install the Windows 98 SE again!

4. angel

angel

It's been so long but can't you boot to the cd to start the install?

5. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

6. Solid_Froggy

Umm, I burned a Windows 95 floppy disk and I put it into my computer which has Win95 and I still can't get into my computer. Although, if I run it in Safe Mode with Command Prompt I can type in a command to do something. It is like DOS, but what's the command to start the A: drive? You know like C:>run or something like that?

7. A Hawk

A Hawk

Go here http://www.cybertechhelp.com/ and d/load the ultimate boot disk. D/load it to your desktop then put a clean floppy in A: drive and double click on the icon on your desktop, this will create a 98 boot disk. Don't d/load straight to the floppy it wont work. :(
    Next reboot the puter with the boot disk in A: drive, once it has done the diagnostics and loaded drivers etc you should get an a: prompt, put your 98 cd into the cdrom and at the a: prompt type c:>enter at the c: prompt type setup> enter and windose should start to load. :) Note if c: setup don't work try e:setup if e: is the drive letter of the cdrom. ;)

8. Solid_Froggy

That won't really work. I can't get a big enough floopy. Any other ways?

Thanks.

9. A Hawk

A Hawk

That won't really work. I can't get a big enough floopy

The ultimate boot disk will fit on a 1.44mb floppy...........??? :confused:

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219072

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice