Help Me!!!!!!!!! Please Someone Help!!!!!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

singularHive

Yea ok. I got my comp on Christmas and got internet about 2 months later. Everything was fine until one day last month my dad took my Dell 1180 USB adapter out of the USB port cause i was grounded. When I got it back, I put it in but I couldnt get on to the internet. It says that the wireless connection is ok but on the LAN icon there is a Big red x and under it says "Network cable unplugged" I have no idea what to do so if someone could tell me that would be appreciated. I'm so MAD :mad: ARGHHHHHH

Hi, I think this might work(im not sure)

Go to Start, and right-click on my computer and click manage, then Device manager, and than universal serial bus controller. Click on the plus sign, and if any of those have an X mark, right-click and choose enable.

well... If you have cable and a cable modem then.... this may be a good option. Get rid of the usb cable and use an ethernet cable instead....
Check your pc to see if it has an ethernet port (looks like a big phone jack port) if it does GREAT! .... if not either purchase one for $15-$20 or disregard the following...

Cable companies use USB ports to "emulate" an actual ethernet card and it causes many problems including slowing down your pc and getting screwed up easily as you have found out.

Most cable modems have an ethernet port on them... go out and get a piece of ethernet cable from a local computer store.. long enough to stretch from your modem to your pc.

Plug the cable in to both your pc and the modem... reboot your pc and you will be connected..its that easy.

Did you reboot the machine with everything plugged in? (are there Red Xs in your device manager?)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online