1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help me please

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Amano, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Amano

Amano Thread Starter

Hi I have a lan set up I installed Zone Alarm Pro and now I'm not able to play IPX games I've tried alot of things and nothing is working I can see if another player sets up a game but they cant see when I set up a game also when I go to join the game it usually freezes before I installed Zone Alarm I could play over IPX now I cant. I'm running Windows XP home same with the other pcs some one help please!

2. Rockn

Rockn

Disable the firewall during game play or allow that protocol to go thru the firewall.

3. Amano

Amano Thread Starter

I've already tried that :( now tcp games dont work either Zone Alarm has done something to my pc I have uninstalled it and it is still not working please some one help.

4. Rockn

Rockn

Every game that uses TCP uses a different port number to create a connection in which to run the game on. Look in your documentation and it will tell you exactly which port numbers to open to allow game play. Another thing to do would be to look in the firewall log and find which port is being blocked.

5. Amano

Amano Thread Starter

Why do I have to do all of this now? Before I could play any game I want Zone Alarm screwed me up badly :mad:

6. Rockn

Rockn

Well geeze....what do you think a firewall does?? IT BLOCKS ACCESS TO YOUR COMPUTER. If you don't wnat the bother and hassle just uninstall it and leave your PC wide openn to the internet. Whatever works for you.

7. Amano

Amano Thread Starter

Yeah I have uninstalled it but the IPX and TCP still dont work

8. Rockn

Rockn

You have altered something else then if it still doesn't work. Have you uninstalled it or jsut hidden it in the system tray?

9. Amano

Amano Thread Starter

Its been fully uninstalleed and it still doesnt work I havent altered anything what can I do now?

10. Rockn

Rockn

Remove all of your network services and add them again.

11. Amano

Amano Thread Starter

Yep tried that twice now still not working I'm VERY close to re installing my whole pc someone help!

12. Rockn

Rockn

13. Amano

Amano Thread Starter

Nope that didnt help I reinstalled windows or the windows files and it still aint working.:mad:

14. Rockn

Rockn

Did you reinstall Windows from a formatted and clen drive or did you just install over the old copy? I think both would be a lttle extreme in this case since it is a know piece of software causing your problem. Have you tried zonelab.com's help forum?

15. Amano

Amano Thread Starter

I installed over the old copy of windows I might go try zonelab.com's help forums see if I can find something there thanks for the help.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111663

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice