1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help me please

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by yomattus, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yomattus

yomattus Thread Starter

I was having problems with a Windows 98 machine so I decided to reformat the
    >drive and put windows xp on it. Now I can't get the os to install, it just
    >hangs up every time. I have used a boot disk and everything and I get
    >several different error messages. Registry problems, ns file system errors
    >too. I have also tried to put 2000 on it and the same thing happens and I dont have a windows 98 disk. What do I do from here?

2. $teve

$teve

xp is bootable from the cd...........make sure your cd rom is 1st boot device(in bios).....boot from the cd,let the drivers install,at the 1st blue screen choose "repair" at the 2nd blue screen choose "install"...you will be taken through the formatting process......from then on its self explanitory......30 minutes and your cooking;)

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If you're installing a fresh install, and you get errors during the install, it could be several things. Your hardware may be broken or substandard, or you may have compatibility issues with the O/S you're installing. I'm afraid that "several different error messages" doesn't give us much to go on.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115289

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice