help me please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tmpetmpe1

hi
i have a maxtor 250 gig hard drive yesterday it decided not to read the computer finds the drive however when i click on the drive f it says the drive is unreadable how can i fix it there is information on it i need for this week end and my back up is not close by when i go to properties opens like it want to check it but does nothing thank you for you response

tmpe

Your best option is to try to recover the information with a data recovery program.

You can have windows try to fix the drive by using the option below, but beware, the windows utility can make the data on the files harder to recover if it fails.
Run " chkdsk (drive name) /f "
from the command line.

tmpetmpe1

i tried to ckdsk/f but it didnt work any other suggestions i thought of reformatting the hard drive and getting my back up and re copping it but i really dont have time because i need it for work any other suggestions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Staff online

Members online