1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help me plz

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by i like pie, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. i like pie

i like pie Thread Starter

i accadentaly uninstalled my usb drivers for my comp how do i fix plz help
    :( :( :(

2. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

Don't know your OS but for XP simply reinstall SP2

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    An easier fix and less troublesome usually, if using WinXP you can do a repair installation of Windows and you will not lose you installed programs, files, settings. You will however have to reinstqll all of your Windows updates over again. But that is less hassle than reinstalling everything then losing your saved files such as music and pictures. Below is the procedure:

this is from here http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm#RI

XP Repair install

Please read carefully and make sure you followed the warning links before initiating the Repair Install. You can print a text version for reference. repair.txt

Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
    When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below
    This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft
    Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

Press Enter to start the Windows Setup. do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console). I repeat, do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R".
    Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
    Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair. If Repair is not one of the options, END setup. After the reboot read Warning#2!
    Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot. Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears. Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

Reapply updates or service packs applied since initial Windows XP installation. Please note that a Repair Install using an Original pre service pack 1 or 2 XP CD used as the install media will remove SP1/SP2 respectively and service packs plus updates isssued after the service packs will need to be reapplied.

4. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

Reboot, drivers will be reinstalled.

5. i like pie

i like pie Thread Starter

my buddy mike 2 help me but thx anywhase
    ive never had that problem before lol
    i didnt even know u could uninstall usbs lol
    shows how much i know lol

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540922

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice