1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help me remove sonic activation module

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by OzziePuppy, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OzziePuppy

OzziePuppy Thread Starter

Aug 17, 2010
    Something is happening to my computer...:eek: When I Login, a windows installer message pops up with a bubble that says: "Please wait while windows configures Sonic Activation Module." Then the next bubble says: "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the 'Sonic Activation Module' disk and click ok." I have to pull up the windows task manager to end this task in order to continue to do anything on my computer!!!! Then, to make matters worse, all of my documents have somehow transformed themselves into wordpad documents!!! Help. Help. Help! What on earth is happening?!? How do I get my computer back to normal? Is this some sort of virus? I can login online and other programs seem to be ok as well, I just want this annoying Sonic Activation Module off my computer!!!:mad: I have a Dell Dimension DIM5100 Intel (R) Pentium(R) D home computer with MS Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002
    Thanks in advance for your help.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/943632