1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

help me start vpn service on centos !!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by bmw530, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bmw530

bmw530 Thread Starter

hello every body

please guide me to start vpn service + accounting on linux

i just setup PPTP + Ibsng(free edition) right now

ineed some applicatin as radius , some one told me freeradius ?? but i dont know how to configue that and how can i cotnact Ibsng and Radius On Linux ...

can i ask you help me please ?

thanks so much

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, RADIUS and VPN are two different things, which are you interested in?

3. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

That's right. Radius has nothing to do with the actual VPN other than providing a means for user authentication. I set up my previous company's VPN setup to use Active Directory as a basis for user authentication when someone connects in via a VPN client.

4. bmw530

bmw530 Thread Starter

thanks for you answer .. whitch application i can setup my accounting ... ?

5. zx10guy

If you want to do accounting through Radius, you'll need to set up a syslog server.

6. bmw530

bmw530 Thread Starter

can i ask you guide me to setup that please ?
    i want use freeradius ... what is your opinion about which application i use to start vpn service ?

7. zx10guy

I don't know how much I can help you with your project as I don't use many of the freeware software out there both at home and at work. With regards to FreeRadius, I use Microsoft's implementation of Radius which is IAS under Server 2003 or NPS under Server 2008. With regards to VPN software, all my VPN implementations for both home and work are all using network VPN appliances from Netgear to Cisco equipment. The way I have it set up is either there is an AD lookup for authentication or a Radius setup to do both authentication and accounting. The network appliance in this case Cisco, would connect up to a Windows server running either IAS or NPS. Since the Windows server already has logging capability, the events are logged under the event viewer.

8. bmw530

bmw530 Thread Starter

thanks dear zx10guy . usefull !

dear JohnWill i want setup vpn accounting in linux centOs .. ialready install IBSng On My Vps And PPTP Also .. Now I Need one Application to Add user or reseller from IBSng ... I Now I dont know which program use

thanks

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/952926

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice