1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help me to configure centre COM switch

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Ramachandran, Sep 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramachandran

Ramachandran Thread Starter

We have a CentreCOM Switch 3726XL in our circuit. (24 port) The RS-232 cable and software of the switch have been lost. Now I want to configure and manage the switch.

How can I telnet to switch?

Could anyone help me. I shall remain ever grateful to you.

2. Justice1

Justice1

It depends whether this switch is new or has been configured before.

If it's a new switch, you will not be able to telnet because the switch simply does not have an IP address assigned to it yet. So there is no IP address to telnet to.

If the switch has a previous configuration, and you know the IP address, you're in business. Give your PC an IP address which would be on the network, i.e., if your switch is 192.168.0.5 with a mask of 255.255.255.0, make your PC 192.168.0.6 with a mask of 255.255.255.0. Then just use a straight-through cable from your PC to any switchport.

3. Ramachandran

Ramachandran Thread Starter

The following lines are added to a valuable suggestion by an esteemed reader regarding CentreCOM switch configurarion.

The Switch is not configured yet. No Ip number is assigned to it initially. It takes input from the 2 port Cisco router and connects to a LAN and a few nodes.

We would like to configure the switch by accessing it for the first time. There is no software or serial cable available with us. The switch is in working for more than 2 years and is fault free.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167028

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice