1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help me with Mech Mercs please :)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Caboose703, Oct 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caboose703

Caboose703 Thread Starter

Ive had trouble with this before and now that I try to play the game again it's still there. When I go to the multiplayer screen anyone whos played MechWarrior 4:Mercenaries before knows that you need to enter in your connection type. After I do that I click the Connect button to go to the page with the game lists. I see all the games listed but if I hit Join or Back the game freezes and it happens everytime. Ive allowed the ports through my router, I've shut down all my fire walls, only thing I have running in the background is CyberPatrol (mom has it on there). She thinks thats not the problem but I think CyberPatrol maybe causing a problem (maybe its blocking the game internet access due to Violence or something), am I fooling myself and its just something wrong with my drivers? I really think it is CyberPatrol because if it was something with my hardware wouldn't singleplayer also not work? It's only multiplayer i'm having troubles with. And if it IS CyberPatrol is there anyway I can make it allow access to the game without having to turn it off?

Specs:
    Processor - AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3200+
    Video - NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700LE
    Sound - SoundBlaster something (sorry I forgot what it is and I couldn't find out where to look on my computer to find out what it is, but I doubt its the sound card)
    Is there anything else really neccesary? :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/285582

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice