1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help me with my laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Clarsion, Jun 27, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. Clarsion

Clarsion Thread Starter

Hey there was some problem with my laptop and I was trying to download windows from my usb, but there is a problem, something went wrong and now I am stuck on this (put in a picture somewhere). I can't get to bios or anything there is only this thing when I turn it on. Laptop: toshiba
    -had windows 10
    -amd E-1 1.4 ghz processor with graphics
    -1t of storage
    -6gb of RAM

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  2. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    Please provide make, model. Windows version and any other specs that you know in order for us to help.

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    (from screenshot) PXE ROM means the computer is looking to boot from a network. That usually happens if it can't see a hard drive or another boot device like a USB stick or USB external hard drive.
    Notice how it ends with insert boot device.

4. Clarsion

Clarsion Thread Starter

Huh ok,
    Do you know how I can fix it (I'm not a tech guy),please?

5. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    Whats the make and model of you system? Do you know how to access the bios? Do you have another computer you can use to create bootable media if needed?

6. Jumpoff

Jumpoff

Exactly. Please provide as much info as you can. Did you try connecting it through an external hard drive? More info bud.

7. Clarsion

Clarsion Thread Starter

Ok, sorry that I didn't post everything you need.
    Toshiba satellite c55d-a-118
    (Everything what's inside the pc posted in the first box)
    The bois doesn't open (when I turn on the computer it shows only this-screenshoot. Yes I can probably get another computer somewhere. I have a usb with windows on but it doesn't want too boot from it (probably not downloaded properly)
    I think this is all-sorry again if it is not

8. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    It looks like with the your laptop to access the bios you use either the F1 or Esc key during startup. Is that what you are using?

Also try connecting your Win 10 USB and continually pressing F12 during startup
    to see if you can access the boot menu and then select your USB drive to boot.

Let me know if any of this works.

9. Clarsion

Clarsion Thread Starter

Huh I have used from the f1to f12 and delete and nothing is working to get to bios because when I press the power button only this shows up. I had an usb with windows 7 on it but when I plug it in and try too boot from that it just shows some weird code and this usb broke so I don't know how to get windows for free like I was using it on the other one which worked really good. But because it was old it probably didn't want to connect to my pc.

10. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    Try pressing and holding either F1 or Esc key while pressing the power button and see if you can access the bios. Try both keys. If you still cannot access the bios. Then lets see if the computer recognizes or you can test your hard drive with Seatools as follows:

1. Go to the following link and Download Seatools. Click on the Download for USB button
    https://www.seagate.com/supportes/downloads/
    2. Extract the USBbootSetup-SeaToolsBootable.zip file
    3. Double click on the SeaToolsBootable_RC_2.1.2.usbBootMaker.exe and follow the instructions to create a Bootable USB

How to Use:
    1. Once it starts it will scan for all drives connected to your computer.
    2. Select drive you want to test.
    3. Select the Long Generic Test under the Basic Tests menu
    4. When the test is complete you will see the result under Test Status
    5. The test will indicate either Pass or Fail.
    6. Provide the Results in your reply.

11. Clarsion

Clarsion Thread Starter

Ok I will try this as soon as I can get to another pc. Thank you for the support.

12. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    Sounds good. Keep me updated.

13. Clarsion

Clarsion Thread Starter

Ok I have tryed the f1(and then esc) and power but it only gives out this thing (picture somewhere). I hope I will get the usb with the seagate thing soon to try that.

Attached Files:

14. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Try tapping those keys as you turn it on and key tapping until it goes into the setup.

It does seem like your hard drive has failed though and isn't being detected to boot from.

15. dckeks

dckeks

First Name:
    Darrin
    I agree from that screenshot your hard drive is not being recognized at all and more then likely is bad. We cannot know for sure until you can either get into the bios or run Seatools.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212103

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice