1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help me

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by inst1nct, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. inst1nct

inst1nct Thread Starter

Me and my friend were playing a game and then the game froze now whenever he starts his computer it brings up the select start mode/safe mode and such then we select anything and a blue screen comes up saying that we can't start windows so his computer.
    It says we have to undo any softwear hardwear changes that may have been done.

the only changes were uninsatlling google desktop and installing the game.

thx in advanced

2. inst1nct

inst1nct Thread Starter

please help i need it!

3. bbearren

bbearren

What is the game, and where did you get it?

4. inst1nct

inst1nct Thread Starter

It is Red Orcestra Ostfront 41-45 and i got it off of steam..

5. inst1nct

inst1nct Thread Starter

anyone got any ideas?

6. norton850

norton850

Sounds like you tried last know good configuration and that didn't work? Anything else on the blue screen to help nail things down?

7. inst1nct

inst1nct Thread Starter

yup tried it.
    it say to go to advanced options and press f8 4 advanced options and hit safe mode but no work it says i have to undo any program changes that have happened,but how?

8. norton850

norton850

Could be hardware or software. Is all your info backed up?

9. TechnutJay

TechnutJay

Why don't you from safe mode open up windows, can you see windows in safe mode? If so just to a system restore while in safe mode.

You can try to put the xp disk in and do a repair from puting the disk on and booting from disk.

10. TechnutJay

TechnutJay

Oh you get a blue screen, is this a home build computer?

11. bbearren

bbearren

If you have your XP installations CD, you can do a non-destructive repair of Windows. There is a possibility that the uninstalling Google Desktop/installing the game you mentioned may have munged some necessary Windows system files. Read this article:

http://www.informationweek.com/windows/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=189400897

You should probably print it out for reference, then follow the steps listed. It should restore your computer to a bootable configuration. From there you can run some scans to see if there is anything futher you need to do.

If your system came with the Windows installation in a hidden partition on the hard drive, then you may have only the one choice of reformat/reinstall.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489183

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice