1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help - media player

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by gray10k, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gray10k

gray10k Thread Starter

I swear when I first got vista installed, I installed a codec package and I was able to watch streaming AVI files. In old XP you had to download the entire file before it would start playing. NOW vista has stopped doing it, and I don't know what I have done and at this point I'm beginning to think I am crazy.

I was able to view avi video files while downloading. I could click anywhere on the video line and it would fast forward and backward to the point in the timeline where I clicked - of course with a delay, but with the ability to view while downloading and forward and backward while downloading.

NOW that is all gone. Even with WMV files, it will only play as far as it has streamed and it will not allow any forward or backward movement on the time line until the entire file has been downloaded. With Avi files - you can't see anything until the entire file is downloaded.

Any thoughts.?

2. NIGHT5ER

NIGHT5ER

Well from what I know you can only do this with certain sites and players depending how fast it loads or if the player\site allows streaming or not.
    From my research it could be the video card did you reinstall it or install a new 1 recently or even messed with video settings lately?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645768

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice