help mobo prob i think

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

flash777

this is my first comp build. i have a 1.3ghz duron processor and a asus a7n266-vm. i put it all together, started the comp at the first screen where it tells you the processor and other info it says to press delete to enter bios. but i press delete and nothing happens.

also the screen says the processor is a xp 2100+ and the date is 2002?

can you please help?

I would try clearing CMOS and then rebooting. Often, you can do this by changing a jumper on the motherboard, leaving it in place for 30 seconds or so, and then restoring it to its original position. The information on clearing CMOS and motherboard jumper locations should be in the motherboard manual. You might also check your other jumper settings (if any) on the motherboard; pay particular attention to the FSB and multiplier settings, and make sure they are correct for your CPU (again, the motherboard manual should describe these settings).

Hope this helps.

flash777

i couldn't set the jumper to clear bios cause this board doesn't have that option. so i read that if i take out the battery for 15 minutes then put it back bios would reset. when i first booted up the computer after putting the battery back the computer went to bios. after about 1 minute bios froze. so i rebooted the comp and now the original problem is still there. i also reset the cpu:dram jumper to default 133/133. it still did the same thing.

flash777

now i can't get to bios but the comp goes straight to bios and gives me this message.

message confirmatiom
the system case or cover has been opened or removed.
please check system

i have no idea what this means.

flash777

i'm going to rma the board. it seems the jumper to reset bios is broken or was never there. i was told the board is used.

do not shop at accupc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online