1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP: Modem Connected But Internet not working!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Zodra, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zodra

Zodra Thread Starter

Hi,

My modem is working perfectly, i'm on my laptop and the connection is Strong,Excellent. I try to go to my computer, i turned it on, and i couldn't see the little computer (internet)icon in the corner, i went to Control Panel> Network Connections & i couldn't see nothing there either! It's like someone completely deleted it..
    is this a virus? I also ran a computer scan and there were 0 threats. This just happened all of a sudden when i turned it on.. i tried everything..restarting it, opening a new connection ( but when i did that, it said 'Hardware not found or cannot find network' or something like that ). Please help as soon as possible.. thanks to all.:confused:

2. Zodra

Zodra Thread Starter

Bump :p

3. james28909

james28909

are you connecting to a router?

4. james28909

james28909

how do you have your network setup? what type of connection do you use? are you networking two computers together?

5. ken1987

ken1987

basically, its not the router, coz you are using modem system, the problem is that you disabled the connection settings..

6. james28909

james28909

is the 3g modem connected to your laptop and your sharing it with the desktop?

if so you prob need to turn on internet connection sharing (ics) on your laptop. or vise versa if you have the 3g hooked up to your desktop, you need to turn on ICS on your internet connection and be sure your lan ip isnt the same as your routers ip, this will cause conflict.

this may help too. go into the computer that has the 3g card connected to it, then go into device manager, find your LAN device and make sure its enabled. if its not enabled enable it

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973921

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice