Solved Help! msn pop up .net passport

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
T

twisted

Hi, I am trying to find out how to stop this from coming up when I browse certain forums.

Hopefully if I describe it, someone might know how to help me disable whatever is causing it. Thanks

t is a Microsoft Windows based pop-up, versus an advertisement.

At the top it reads: Connect to WWW.MSNUSERS.COM

Just below that: Welcome to MSN Communities, please sign-in with your passport account.

Email Address (enter box)

Password (enter box)

Microsoft.passport.net

Get a .net passport (click here)

..I take it this msn page comes up over the page you're trying to work at??
..........{no mouse click}

..or does it -[msn page]-appear after clicking on something??

T

twisted

I have a screen shot of the msn pop up window, and yes it comes up when I move from one forum to the next on this sports site that I frequent. It may be coincidence, and by that I mean it may come up without a mouse click, but I don't know for sure.

I thought it might be a msn messenger/ microsoft messenger service/XP problem. But have not figured out how to stop it from happening. It is more annoying than anything else.

thanks for any help you can give me.

this pop-up page..is it always that same msn 'group' page?
I've been to a site ot two that were 'partnered' with msn and they use msn's sign in page for their registration and sign in.
..ya think these pop-ups occur only on certain sites??
===========================================
twisted said:
I have a screen shot of the msn pop up window, and yes it comes up when I move from one forum to the next on this sports site that I frequent. It may be coincidence, and by that I mean it may come up without a mouse click, but I don't know for sure.

I thought it might be a msn messenger/ microsoft messenger service/XP problem. But have not figured out how to stop it from happening. It is more annoying than anything else.

thanks for any help you can give me.

T

twisted

It is always connect to www.msnusergroup.com

I am not sure at all why it happens, I did send a request to msn, to see if they know about this problem and have a solution for it. although I haven't ever had much luck getting resolutions from them in the past.

if i do get the information i will post it here to help others that may be having the same problem.

of course if you know a solution I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks

T

twisted

I don't think it is windows messenger service, will the shoot the messenger program work for the msn-pop up window i am getting that asks me to sign in to .net passport?

thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online