1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HELP!! 'Multiple Threat Detection'

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by xyl3, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xyl3

xyl3 Thread Starter

Please can you help me? Last night I received 'Threat Detection' (headed AVG Resident Shield Alert)and when I tried to move it to the vault I was told it was unsusscessful. So then I tried to contact an online frind who is far more computer savvy from me. But my emails to him from TBirb did not go through. So then I used CCCleaner, and restarted the computer.

When it came back on i THEN receive another box headed Resident Shield Aletrt, but THIS time it is warning me of 'MULTIPLE THREAT DETECTION' I saw a list of files with 'healed' on right hand side, and at the bottom there was a viel with 'infescted' on the right. At bottom of box, the only option was 'Remove All Unhealed' so I clicked it, and then I kwept getting more and more files appearing underneath said to be infected. I am at a loss what to do. I managed to contact an online frined from another email server, and he said that if I had MBAM to use that, but I couldn't find that I had it so I Googled it and tried first link to dowload it, but I cannot even access the website, nor the other MBAM sites under it, so I am at a loss what to do. He said that I may have to contact you guys so that you can help me with this problem?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026675

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice