1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help! My Acer Monitor Color is sparkly!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lsutton, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lsutton

lsutton Thread Starter

In the last few days my Acer monitor has been displaying strange color phenomenons. It has been faded then clears up. Now this morning it is glittery and sparkly. Is this my monitor going out or is it related to my viseo card?
    Thanks....Linda

2. ShadowProwler420

ShadowProwler420

It could be either the monitor or your video card.

How old is your monitor? And is it a CRT or LCD?

And when was the last time you updated your video card's drivers?

3. lsutton

lsutton Thread Starter

I am told about that the monitor is 3-4 years old. It is an Acer AL1715 and is an LCD monitor. As far as the update on the video card driver is concerned, we only have IT service on an 'as needed' basis, so it is possible that it has not been updated.
    Thank you for your interest and help.

4. ShadowProwler420

ShadowProwler420

Well, 3-4 years for an LCD isn't all that long, so it doesn't seem like the monitor is the culprit (unless, of course, it has been beaten around or taken a tumble or two).

So I would start by seeing if there is an update for your video drivers.

5. lsutton

lsutton Thread Starter

Thank you....where would you suggest that I look for that at?

6. arknorth

arknorth

I would also start by checking some of the manual things - jiggle the connection points for the cable to and from the monitor (the jack point behind the monitor and at the video jack at the computer). Over time, carbon can get into these points and cause such phenomenom. Also, if you do have a video card, make sure it has not come loose or overheated from dust collecting on it.

Have you tried the monitor on any other computers?

A-N

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754420

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice