Help my friend did something os msconfig

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chikajin

So my friend did something on msconfig now she can't get pass to windows 10 screen.
She owns a ASUS GL752V model laptop. She is trying to system restore but it says to put a password which we can't get through it. The password should be correct but for some reason we can't log in, even if we try to press the reset password button, nothing works. We're trying to open the command prompt but it's the same with the system restore screen it needs a password. Please help us we're desperate!

Attachments

I'm afraid we are not allowed to help. Tech Support Guy Rules state, in part:
Infractions & Points
  • Bypassing Passwords

Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.​

TerryNet

Terry
For sure we can't help with bypassing the password, but can anyone explain what password (Windows user account? BIOS or UEFI? disk lock? ???) is being requested? Or why the "Reset" (see second attachment in post #1) doesn't do anything?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online