1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help my gateway shuts off for no reason

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by sonyuser888, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sonyuser888

sonyuser888 Thread Starter

My gateway gtr5628 shuts off for no reason, then comes back on it has done this three times now. This is a new machine with plenty of memory and space, any advice, please help.

2. Tstright

Tstright

Is it getting plenty of ventilation? Sounds like it's overheating.

3. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

Sounds like you have a Gateway. My new Gateway laptop did that non-stop. I ended up sending it back to Gateway 4 times before they narrowed it down to the power supply. (I ended up changing it out for a Targus.

If it's a desktop, I'd first suspect that the power supply is ineffecient for what it has to power. Second, I'd look at ventilation (Tstright's idea sounds valid for a Gateway).

If it continues, contact Gateway (it has a year warrenty) or the store you purchased it from.

My desktop doesn't have this problem. I built it myself. More reliable.

Courtney

4. sonyuser888

It not sitting against a wall. it shut off while I was talking to technical support.

5. Tstright

Tstright

I would do as Courtneyc suggested, I would exchange it or return it and get something else.

6. sonyuser888

While the computer is being used, the fans don't run. My fans won't run till shut down command is used. PLease help. I ordered a new power supply from gateway.

7. sonyuser888

What does this message mean WINDOWS DRIVER FOUNDATION-USER-MODE DRIVER FRAMEWORK HOST PROCESS STOPPED WORKING AND CLOSED. This happens when it shuts off and comes back on.

8. sonyuser888

I forgot to mention, to turn on my machine, I have to hit the power button twice to get it to stay on.

9. Rich-M

Rich-M

hey Sonyuser, why'd ya switch? Return that while you can too many issues for new!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/654091