HELP!! my grandpa's computer won't boot!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tylersandiego

Hi, my grandpa's computer froze. I manually shut it down. Then when i went to restart it, it wont boot up again. the monitor doesnt even register on the thing anymore. i cant tell whats going on it just says no input and the monitor shuts down. the computer doesnt even boot down anymore. i hit power off and the fan keeps going? what should i do? I dont want my grandpa to find out!! its windows xp. evrything was fine an hour ago!

jiml8

Power the computer down using the switch on the back of the box. Wait 30 seconds. Power back up using that switch to enable the power supply, then the normal startup switch on the front of the box.

It'll start.

tylersandiego

hi. Thanks for responding.

I tried what you said and it starts but the monitor still says no signal on it so I can't see whats going on.

Thanks.

Tyler

blues_harp28

Hi Tyler - best to tell your Grandpa, [not easy I know] as he may not take too kindly to us helping you, without him knowing.
If he also needs help, you can then come back to us and we can make some suggestions.

tylersandiego

well its his computer in his barn. he has a nice laptop which i am using right now to figure this out, but i would like to fix it (he never uses the computer at the barn) but please any suggestions at all would help.

thanks again for taking the time to look

tyler

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online