HELP! My horrible broken computer story.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

geno2k3

To better understand my problem i would like to tell it in story form :p

Emachines T2200 Amd Athlon (Out of box mobo) or VG33 Intel P4 Mobo
evga Geforce 6800
1024 mb(2x512)
100 gb HD
Ultra V Series 500w PSU

It started when my friend sent me a Geforce 6800 video card, a 512 stick of ram, a new mobo (vg33 intel mobo) and a p4 2.8 ghz inside the mobo. I had my unmodified emachines with a 250w psu. I decided to upgrade. I stripped one of my old broken down computers and put the new VG33 mobo inside it. I installed the new graphics card, my old 512 and my new 512 stick, and my 250w psu. Everything was fine and i booted up, and got as far as Emachines / Intel logo and then... the Insert windows cd screen. I realized the cd drive cord wasnt attached to the mobo, so i pulled the plug. (Out of the back of the PSU) This was the last time that computer would ever boot up.
  • I tried putting the psu back into my emachines (didnt work)
  • double and tripple checked the plugs and parts if they were on right
  • posted on 2 other fourms about my problem (didnt help)
  • bought a new powersupply (500w)
After this i was wondering how could BOTH computers not be working even with my new 500w psu. Then i realized both motherboards are probaly fried / dead. I put the 500 w psu into my emachines t2200 cpu, nothing happend. But, the light on my case glowed, does this mean anything? My mobo isnt totaly fried? Can i still save my computer?

Sorry if i have bad grammer / spelling, i just had to get this more interesting becouse after two other tech support forums werent mutch help, i had to do something else.

Links to the Previous topics (more detailed)
http://www.techsupportforum.com/motherboards-bios-cpu/85012-im-terrified-please-help-me.html
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic41321.html

Take the motherboard out if the case. Put it on the static bag it came in put the cpu ram and video card in plug up power supply and see if you can get it to post. If you see the post it could have been shorting out. When you reinstall it be careful not to tighten down the screws to much and look for risers that might be in from the other board that could be causing you a problem.

geno2k3

I will try clearing cmos, but i highly doubt that is the case, becouse i cant even get the computer to even start.

BTW: Anyone know if the case light is showing up when you put the power in mean anything? A power shortage in your mobo but not leading up to your caselight?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online