Help My Sony Hmd A240 Monitor Cant Do Anything Above A 60 Hz Refresh Rate?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Felony 301

BASICALLY MY MONITOR WONT GO ABOVE A 60 Hz REFRESH RATE NO MATTER IF ITS PUT ON 85 HZ LIKE BEFORE. I NOTICED IT NOT DETECTING MY MONITOR LIKE BEFORE WHICH USUALLY SAID PLUG AND PLAY AND SOMETHING ELSE SO I DOWNLOAD DRIVERS FROM SONY AND NOW IT READS IT RIGHT BUT STILL DOESNT SAY PLUG AND PLAY AND IT STILL DOESNT LET ME DO ANYTHING ABOVE 60 HZ REFRESH RATE. ONLY THING THAT WORKS IS 43 HZ INTERLACED AND I TRYED DIFFERENT RESOULTIONS BUT NOTHING WORKS.I USUALLY HAVE IT ON 1024X768 AND IT COULD DO 85 HZ BUT NOW IT WONT LET ME EVEN IF ITS SAYS ITS ON 85 HZ ON THE COMPUTER BUT THE MONITOR STILL STAYS ON 60 HZ.I ALSO TRYED SONYS METHOD OF SELF TEST ON MONITOR AND IT WORKS SO I DONT KNOW WUT TO DO. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED BECAUSE IT REALLY STARTING TO HURT MY EYES LOL!!!! OOPS ITS A 17 INCH MONITOR!!!!! :eek:

ASUS E DELUXE NVIDIA NFORCE 2 ULTRA
THERMALTAKE 480 SILENT PUREPOWER PSU
FIC RADEON 9800 PRO
SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY 2 ZS
AMD ATHLON XP 2600+ BARTON
SAMSUNG SATA HDD 160 GIGS
ALTEC LANSING 251 5.1 PC SPEAKERS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online