1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Help!! My zune and my windows one care won't open!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by rysmasness, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rysmasness

rysmasness Thread Starter

So, I did a system restore last week because I managed to absentmindedly download the zlob virus. The system restore got rid of the problem, sure enough but I've noticed a couple negative side effects.

First off, I noticed my zune software will not open anymore. It crashes before it even opens. I get the following error message:

Microsoft Zune has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : zune.exe P2 : 3.0.532.0 P3 : 48cb1987
    P4 : zuneshell P5 : 3.0.0.0 P6 : 48cb18b7 P7 : 42a P8 : 1c
    P9 : system.typeloadexception

I don't know what any of that means or how to go about fixing it! I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling zune from the website, and even reinstalling zune from the start disk that it came with when I first got it.

Also, My Windows One Care doesn't open anymore! It seems to be working fine in the background, keeping my firewall up and such, but it will not open when I click on the icon, or try to run it from the start/run thing. I get the following error message for that:

Windows Live OneCare has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : winssui.exe P2 : 0.6.400.0 P3 : 489bf233
    P4 : winssui P5 : 0.6.400.0 P6 : 489bf233 P7 : 26a P8 : 1c
    P9 : system.typeloadexception

I use the Windows XP Service Pack 3 OS.

If anyone has encountered this problem or if anyone knows the fix, please please let me know! I need my stuff to work properly!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758682

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice